Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

I was informed on Sunday by Joyce that because I am a new blogger I'm supposed to blog daily so my sincere apologies for the 3 day break :)  Anyway, back to last weekend.  As you all know, on Friday I was suffering from mass guilt for not going camping with the roomie.  A small part of that guilt was assuaged Saturday morning when I woke up in my own comfy bed after having slept for 12 hours straight.  I love my bed, I mean seriously, LOVE my bed.  I would stay in bed all day long if it was socially acceptable and I could get paid to do it.  Sweat pants and my bed, two of my favorite things in this world.  But I digress...

The rest of my Saturday was very mellow.  Got my tan on by the pool with Joyce & Cece, ran a little errand to Old Navy, showered and went to dinner.  Let me tell you, that Red Lobster was happening for a Saturday night at 6.  I'm talking line out the door, 20 minute wait, no parking in the parking lot type of happening.  Who knew?!

More of the guilt was gone by the time Sunday morning rolled around and I once again woke up in my super comfortable bed after 10 hours of blissful sleep.  Got up, went to the Orenco market for some Ochoa nachos and the best mini donuts on God's green earth and then came back home and promptly took a nap.  It's a hard life but someone's gotta do it :)  After said nap I quickly showered and got ready for the St. Paul Rodeo which I have to tell you was both frightening and hilarious all at the same time.  I think I saw a combined total of 2 other Asian people at the rodeo along with far too many overweight, beer bellied, chew can in the back pocket, Oregon State supporters.  Oh yeah, have I mentioned yet that I'm a huge Oregon fan and that the colors orange and black together literally make me want to vomit??  If you don't like that, too bad, don't read my blog.  But again, I digress. 

So Monday was pretty much a continuation of my sleepfest and concluded with a BBQ at lil Kidd's casa.  Good times and beer pong to be had by all.  Love that Megan, she cracks me up.  Monday also brought back a little more of the guilt though as the roomie and the non boyfriend boyfriend returned but what can you do.  Although I feel bad for not going, I'm at that point in my life where I don't think I should have to explain or justify myself.  If I don't want to do something, I should be able to just not do it and not feel bad about it for days on end right?  Clearly I haven't fully embraced that concept but I'm not sure that' even possible.  I'm a work in progress...

1 comment:

  1. And yet, here it is, three days later, and no new post. Clearly someone isn't listening.

    Guilt is for poops, by the way. But don't feel badly - you could never lose the guilt and end up like me, 19 years later. Or is it 18? How old are you again?

    ReplyDelete