Monday, July 11, 2011

Big Brother

Finger update: my $70 prescription cream seems to be working.  I'm on day 3 of using it and my finger looks way less crusty and now is just kind of red.  The nail is still a little yellow which concerns me but I'll give it another couple of days.  Moving on...

Saturday was quite productive.  Got a long overdue pedicure and finally bought a dress for my cousins wedding.  I actually tried it on first so, unlike the other two, I won't be returning it based on having it show up and look completely different than it did on-line.  Plus I had Joyce for a second opinion and if it wasn't flattering, trust me, I'd know it.  Picture from Nordstrom's website below.


Saturday evening the girls and I went out to meet up with my brother who was in town for a bachelor party.  We pick him up from Acrop and the first thing he says to the guy he's standing outside with is "This is my sister.  Don't touch her."  Which then proceeded to be my name all night and every male I encountered was introduced to me with those same exact words.  Classic overprotective big brother antics in full effect.  Probably not helpful that I was wearing a super tight, cleavage baring dress but I'm 27 years old for goodness sake.  I'm allowed.  By the way, this is exactly why I don't bring guys home.  Because besides my father and stepfather, I also have 3 super overprotective big brothers who own firearms.  A guy pretty much has to be in it for the long haul before they meet the fam. 

Wrapped it all up with a Sunday funday with Rachel.  Couple hours of laying by the pool followed by a few hours of shopping at Washington Square capped off by Tru Blood.  Too bad I forgot my debit card in my clutch from the night before.  My bank account thanks my forgetfulness.

*Side note: Rachel introduced to me to garlic jack cheese yesterday and it's delicious.  Try it, it will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment